anthony js

Saturday, April 15, 2006

AWB

I'm not going to make this a very long reflection on the AWB scandal. I don't really have anything to add to what has already been said by others on this matter. I carry a genuine feeling of disillusionment and chagrin over the sheer lack of openness and honesty in our elected representatives.

The "inability" of Mr. Vaile & Mr. Downer to recall anything that mattered was pathetic.

Like every other scandal that involved this government, all will soon blow over and we'll move onto something else. We become bored very quickly with these sorts of things. That is, of course, if we were ever interested in the first place.

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Apr 17, 05:12:00 PM, Blogger Anthony Stoddart said…

    Good point from George. Very good point. I wonder if he finds it worrying, or just merely amusing...

    "Inconvenient Truth" interests me. But I don't know if I feel like hearing more bad news. That sounds ignorant, I know. But there are already so many signs of global warming out there. I can imagine that seeing the doco could lead to depression and disillusionment...and a feeling of personal helplessness. And a feeling of devastation that Mr. Gore is not in the White House.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home