anthony js

Saturday, August 27, 2005














Images from SimplyStreep.com: 'The Deer Hunter' (1978); 'The Manchurian Candidate (2004).

Yes, I'm obsessed with her. I know. I don't need any reminding. My admiration and adoration for this extraordinary woman is only getting stronger. Why? Here's why: 'Monster-in-Law'. That's right, our cruel subjection to pseudo-actresses Jennifer Lopez, Paris Hilton, Kate Hudson and friends.
_____________________________________________

"It has three initials."
After being asked what she thought the biggest danger facing America is today.

"During shock and awe, I wondered which of the megaton bombs Jesus, our president's personal saviour, would have personally dropped on the sleeping families of Baghdad."
Speaking at a fundraiser for Democrat John Kerry

"I just want to say that I don't think the two biggest problems in America are that too many people want to commit their lives to one another 'till death do us part; and steroids in sports. I don't think they are our two biggest problems."
During her speech at the 2004 Golden Globes, after Bush had prioritised gay marriage and steroids-in-sports as two major problems facing the US. Watch the speech: goose.dynip.com/files/audiovideo/goldenglobe200402.wmv

"You don't jettison your citizenship just because you're famous."
On the controversial subject of celebrities publicly expressing political opinion.

"There are some days when I myself think I'm overrated... But not today."
Collecting her Emmy Award for 'Angels in America'. Watch the speech: goose.dynip.com/files/audiovideo/emmy2004.zip

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 31, 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Anthony Stoddart said…

    Absolutely. I think I downloaded it the day after I saw Closer. It's good. After playing it over and over and over again, it got on my nerves a bit actually.

    Shouldn't you have ended your comment with: "Just another USUAL thought".....??

     
  • At Sat Sep 03, 08:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lol... Anthony you are such a pirate...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home