anthony js

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Phillip Adams


Phillip Adams Posted by Picasa

Phillip Adams is fairly well-known in this country. He works for The Australian, writing in the editorial section. He has his own page in The Weekend Australian magazine, which I read every week. He also has a radio program, but I don't believe that it can be accessed in Brisbane.

The Australian (12/07) yesterday contained an article of his in the editorial pages, titled Britain had this coming. I know, it's a striking choice of words, considering the events in London are still very recent. However, the article itself is very, very good. Most of it hits the right chord, for me at least.

It was bagged on the radio last night by 2UE's John Kerr, and most of his callers. The conversations that I heard were not discussions of the points raised by Adams, but rather the fact that the headline is offensive and the timing of the article is inappropriate. And, of course, there was the inevitable criticism of Phillip Adams himself. Kerr said something along the lines of "I don't think there are many people who do [like Phillip Adams]". Well, I for one actually do like him. I think he brings up a lot of what people are thinking, but are too afraid to express at the risk of being unjustifiably ridiculed as useless liberals.

I highly recommend that you read the article.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,15896874%255E12272,00.html
___________________________________________


Have you heard about http://earth.google.com/?

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Jul 14, 03:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anthony,

    Google Earth is great. Thanks for introducing me to it. It's like what they use in the movies.

    The only problem for most users is it requires a super fast connection for it to work perfectly.

    Hayden

     

Post a Comment

<< Home