anthony js

Monday, June 05, 2006

Jamiroquai


I've been a Jamiroquai fan for a few years. Over the last couple of weeks, I've been listening to some music from their earlier albums. And I tell you, they have supplied us with what is surely some of the funkiest/grooviest music ever produced. Anyone who hasn't heard Jamiroquai (well, more than just what's played on the radio) must get on to doing so. I challenge you to keep your entire body completely still whilst listening.

Here are some of my personal favourites.

Soul Education
When You Gonna Learn?
Emergency On Planet Earth
Seven Days in Sunny June
Travelling Without Moving
Cosmic Girl
Love Foolosophy
Don't Give Hate A Chance
Time Won't Wait
So Good to Feel Real

2 Comments:

  • At Fri Jun 09, 07:53:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Canned Heat!

    I don't know much about Jamiroquai, but the Wikipedia entry on them has a nice quote:

    " In a recent interview with the Sydney Morning Herald, he commented that "These days it's 18% music and it's bloody 82% marketing bullshit ... Next time I do an album, I'm gonna put it up on the internet for five fucking dollars."

     
  • At Fri Jun 09, 09:06:00 PM, Blogger Anthony Stoddart said…

    Wow. I hadn't heard that. What a point he has though... On the internet for five bucks, eh? I'd welcome that...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home