anthony js

Saturday, January 14, 2006

2006... Wouldn't it be lovely?

Firstly, I should perhaps explain myself. My internet access these days is limited. I am, like others, on holidays from uni (which was my primary place of 'net access). And each time I've actually gained access to the internet somewhere, I've usually had limited time or simply lacked blogging motivation. Anyway, the internet should soon be hooked up at home and my entries will not be as rare as they have been recently.

Happy New Year to you. It's quite extraordinary to have reached 2006. I can remember welcoming in the year 2000 so vividly, as though it was last week. And now, here we are in the latter half of the 'noughties' already. My New Year's Eve was a rather good and busy one. I was slightly disappointed, however, to have not sung (or even heard in the distance) Auld Lang Syne. That's normally my favourite part to New Year's. It's such a good song to sing when gloriously intoxicated.

2006, like all years, will bring us events. Here are some events that I hope will indeed eventuate...

- The retirement of John Howard
- The rise of Julia Gillard
- The re-election of Hillary Clinton as New York Senator
- The overwhelming nationwide success of the U.S. Democrats in the elections
- The severe trampling of George W. Bush by a large number of elephants and goats
- The collapse of Channel Ten
- The disappearance of Alexander Downer
- The arrival of a long, cold winter
- The vast and speedy expansion of the CBD
- The return of Fast Forward and Full Frontal
- The throat deterioration of James Blunt

5 Comments:

  • At Sat Jan 14, 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Anthony Stoddart said…

    I wasn't expecting you to agree with me on that. How interesting. But yes, it certainly wouldn't be upsetting to see the back of him...Though I would have preferred to see him voted out.

     
  • At Sat Jan 14, 02:33:00 PM, Blogger Anthony Stoddart said…

    Hmmm, well... I'm not so sure about that.

     
  • At Sat Jan 21, 09:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I like James Blunt!...I should just shoot myself now shouldn't I? Soon I'll probably be admiring the musical stylings of Britney (the early years of course)...

     
  • At Thu Feb 02, 10:29:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Ooh full frontal... but there's no way they could afford to get eric bana back... Sniff...

    And why can't we have the collapse of channels 9 and 7 while we're dreaming? They're just as crap!

     
  • At Mon Feb 06, 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Anthony Stoddart said…

    No, I think Channel Ten is in a league of its own as far as crappiness goes. But I agree that Channels 9 & 7 have a lot to answer for too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home