anthony js

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My Favourite Film: Results















Here are the results from the ABC's My Favourite Film, in which everyone in Australia had the chance to vote for their all-time favourite film...

1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. Amelie
3. Blade Runner
4. The Shawshank Redemption
5. Donnie Darko
6. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
7. Pulp Fiction
8. The Princess Bride
9. Gone With The Wind
10. Fight Club


The top 100 can be seen at http://www.abc.net.au/myfavouritefilm/top100.htm

I voted for The Hours.

The final ten is a very interesting line-up and, surprisingly, not entirely predictable. It's great to see the superb Amélie at number 2. And The Shawshank Redemption is very deserved of a place at 4. Numbers 8, 9 & 10 are the only others on the list that I've seen (though Donnie Darko is on SBS this week, so I'll try to catch it). I've seen the first Lord of the Rings, but not the trilogy, so that doesn't really count.

And on the subject of pop culture, Madonna's new single Hung Up is very, very good.

I'd also like to say to all the people who look forward to summer, who can't wait for summer during the other seasons, who prefer heat & humidity rather than chills & coats... You have no right to complain. In fact, I don't want to see any of you escaping into air-conditioned buildings. You leave those to us, the winter-embracers and summer-loathers. Heat = help us.

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Dec 05, 05:34:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I think that City of Lost Children was a way better movie than Amelie (same director), it just never got the hype that Amelie did. I liked Amelie, but deserving of 2nd place? I don't think so...


    And you can keep your air-conditioning- bring on summer!! :D

     
  • At Tue Dec 13, 05:24:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    The Insider is the tobacco industry one with Russel Crowe, right? I loved that movie. Russel Crowe is an incredible arsehole, but a great actor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home