anthony js

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Ahoy

I got caught in the pouring rain walking to Uni yesterday, and got absolutely soaking wet. However, I did not utter one word of complaint. I adore the rain.

There's déjà-vu in Canberra, as the Howard-Costello show seems to be very derivative of the Hawke-Keating show. I can't actually remember the leadership tensions between Hawke and Keating, but from what I've read, it was very similar to the little competition between John and Peter. Personally, I wouldn't be at all saddened if Howard were to move on. And whilst the idea of a Prime Minister Costello isn't incredibly appealing, I really think that the current PM has become a bit of a smug bastard. Yes, I am appreciative of my youth allowance. Yes, I'm thankful the economy is in rather good shape (or so we're told). But he's done a lot of stupid things too. And he's led us for almost a decade now. A decade. As I mention in the profile, I cannot honestly say which Australian political party I support (because I don't know). However, I seem to be slowly leaning further and further away from the Coalition. And State-wise, whilst I admit the Cabinet is incompetent, I really think Beattie is a good premier. What do the rest of you think?

A bientôt.

1 Comments:

  • At Fri May 13, 03:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I aggree- Jonny boy is getting tiresome...however I am not sure whether the greasy upper lip will be able to rubb shoulders with the rest of the world. He may not have the tongue to ass Lick Georgie the way Howard does.I think Howard should shoot the dog, and climb into bed with Cherie - 10 Downing street is where the action us!!

    laterz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home