anthony js

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dreaming of Kevin

Last night, I dreamt that the ALP defeated Howard in the 2007 federal election.

I was dining at a restaurant, surrounded by sophisticated characters..and it was on a harbour, upon which yachts were scattered. Don't ask me why this was the case, but it was. The votes were being counted and as we watched the television screen, it looked like the Coalition were going to hold onto government... But then, it was suddenly announced that Team Rudd had crept up out of nowhere. The next thing we knew, Kevin Rudd had won. The Howard years were over.

It felt like some sort of new dawning. It was not one of those dreams in which you know you are dreaming. This felt very real.

When I woke up, I felt genuinely disappointed. Still work to do. Still an entire election to face.

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 23, 07:42:00 AM, Blogger Don Quixote said…

    As good as Kevin is looking there's still likely to be a couple of problems on the way to the election. The Liberals will have their monkeys out scanning the paperwork for any sign of a Rudd mistake.

     
  • At Fri Mar 23, 05:53:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Ah bummer!

    Anthony, if John Howard loses his seat at the next election, you're invited to the party I'll be throwing... I don't think I can afford harbour views though :)

     
  • At Fri Mar 23, 09:27:00 PM, Blogger Anthony Stoddart said…

    DQ: I have no doubt that you are absolutely right.

    Sarah: Thank you! But you know, even if Howard remains post-election, there should still be a party at which we can drown our sorrows...it'll be appropriate either way.

    I really am excited by the prospect of Howard losing, as opposed to leaving on his own terms...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home