anthony js

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Oscars: The Aftermath

Well, the broadcast just finished, and I'm in a state of disappointment. Yet, I'm in a difficult position. I have not seen Crash, and therefore, I probably had no right to exclaim "shit!" when Jack Nicholson announced the winner of Best Picture.

It's quite something, the way Crash crept up on Brokeback Mountain (the outright favourite for ages). I suppose I'll just have to see it now...

I'm upset that Goodnight and Good Luck won none. I mean, I'm fully aware that the Academy Awards are not the be all and end all... But, you know... That was one of the most sophisticated films I've ever seen.

If I could, I would place audio in this post of a long, dejected sigh.

5 Comments:

  • At Tue Mar 07, 09:37:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Well have any of us seen 'Crash'? If it showed at cinemas here last year then I missed it!

     
  • At Tue Mar 07, 11:24:00 PM, Blogger Anthony Stoddart said…

    I bought it on DVD today for $13. I have to say, it was good. For sure. And certainly worth being nominated... Oh, but I can't help feeling disappointed.

     
  • At Wed Mar 08, 04:35:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Gam and I rented Crash on DVD about 2 weeks ago. We had no idea at the time it was nominated for an Oscar. We both agreed that while it was a good movie and certainly worth seeing, it wouldn't really rank among the best we've seen, this year or any, for that matter. It seemed to be the 'safe' option for Hollywood.

    I'd like to see Goodnight and Good Luck. George Clooney is a smart guy, and I suspect what he says is right- that he's a better director than actor!

     
  • At Wed Mar 08, 07:24:00 PM, Blogger Anthony Stoddart said…

    Goodnight & Good Luck is one of my favourite films (and I've only seen it once). I would recommend it for sure.

     
  • At Wed Mar 08, 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Mikey_Capital said…

    I have to see both of those now. I missed it too. There's so many of these I want to see but, being married, I have to split the decision with the wife. I still get to choose nine times out of ten though. Just not the ones I really want to see that are about things like politics or sociology.

    I dressed Lord of War as a black comedy. Boy was she pissed off.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home