anthony js

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

L'hiver est ici avec nous

Now, if summer could just stay away forever, I would be happy. But sadly, I know it will eventually return with a vengeance. For now, I intend to enjoy the pleasures of winter, which is unfortunately rather mild in this part of the world.

SWATVAC this week. Or, in other words, 'revision period'. What a lovely description. Of course, most of us don't take it literally. It is commonly interpreted as 'Do-anything-except-study period'. But seriously, I really should be studying. I have a take-home examination for Continental Philosophy, in addition to the exams for the other three subjects. I have been working on the philosophy exam, which is proving so difficult and so complex. It requires so much deep, yet abstract thought. I don't know how I'll get it done, because I don't entirely understand the actual question that's being asked.

My plans for Saturday night did not work the way I had planned. And Sunday was a nothing-day for me. So all-in-all, my weekend was not the most exciting. I have, however, over the last couple of days, watched two more Meryl films: The River Wild and The Bridges of Madison County.

'The River Wild' is an adventure film. I was surprised, because I didn't know that Meryl Streep was in any films like this. It involves a lot of whitewater rafting, all of which she did herself (except down the big falls, when a stunt double had to take over). It was thoroughly enjoyable and very suspenseful.

'The Bridges of Madison County' was wonderful. Meryl co-stars with Clint Eastwood, who also directs this picture. This film further confirms Meryl's widely-accepted status as one of the greats. She plays an Iowa housewife from Italy. The accent is pure brilliance!

I had Bailey's in my coffee late on Saturday night. I was at home and felt in desperate need of a drink. I was going to have straight Bailey's, but noticed that the bottle recommended having it with coffee. I'm very glad I took that recommendation. Yum! Devine.

I am at Uni currently. And am very hungry, having not yet had dinner. And believe it or not, no one has sneezed! But it still happens, very regularly. In fact, immediately after I typed the entry that dealt with the sneezing matter, the person on the other side of me sneezed as well!!! And after sneezing, he immediately apologised to me. Rather profusely too, which I found quite funny. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, refer to 'Warning: bitching session'.)

HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT!

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Jul 11, 03:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am inquiring as to whether or not I am able to apply for enrolment at the University for semester 1, 2006. I am currently a student at the University of Queensland, St. Lucia campus, doing a Bachelor of Arts. I would like to know more about transferring to your University for one or two semesters. I have visited the website of VTAC, and it said that due to the application period being closed, one should contact institutions directly regarding questions about enrolment. If I am able to apply, what is the correct process I should follow?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home