anthony js

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Warning: bitching session

I am looking forward to the semester ending. It has, overall, been an enjoyable semester, although I cannot say that I have been entirely happy with all my results. I have been thinking about whether political science is really the right field to be pursuing. And as a consequence of those thoughts, I have become almost completely convinced that I am unable to commit myself to something for long periods of time. Maybe my interest in politics is superficial? The political knowledge of others in my classes makes me feel about six years old. The same goes with my philosophy classes, though I must say I was happy with the results for my latest assignment in that. That was a surprise. As well, I have been so upset to realise that making new friends is set to be a major struggle for me for the rest of my life.

What have I been doing lately, you're asking (not)? I had the most appallingly boring weekend because the people at work don't give a damn about the fact that I need to be paid. With twenty-four dollars in the bank over the weekend and into Monday, social activity was out of the question. And still is, because they still haven't paid me. I got my youth allowance today, but that will diminish as soon as I pay the rent on Thursday. And since I'm taking this opportunity to bitch about life, can I put on the record, here and now, that EVERYWHERE I go, the person closest to me sneezes. In lectures, in tutorials, on buses, walking in the street, and here in the E-Zone. The guy next to me, who has disappeared for now, sneezed only a few minutes ago, adding himself to the list. Every time someone within earshot sneezes, I picture thousands of germ-infected particles floating in the air towards me. Paranoid? Yes.

I received an assignment back today, on which the marker has, twice, spelt my surname incorrectly. My surname ends with a 't'. Not a farking 'd'. I have written my name, very clearly, on the front of the assignment. 'T' does not look like 'D'. This happens so often. Even Buckingham Palace got it wrong once.

Would anyone like to get drunk with me on the night of the 22nd? If so, let me know.

P.S. This bitching session was therapeutic for me, and I promise my next entry will be much brighter.

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Jun 01, 08:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ur beginning to sound like someone with obsessive compulsive disorder!

    no actually i have a friend that thinks like that about passive smoking all he can think about is the smoke of some passer by has gone from their lungs to his.

    crazy bargers...

     
  • At Fri Jun 03, 11:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Anth

    yeah life is shit for me too..arggh money, money, money, is so funny...and i have forgotten the lyrics.

    A note for Kieran- when the fark are u going to get a blog!

    bainsey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home