anthony js

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Empire Magazine: 10 best directors

I was interested to read of a poll conducted with 10,000 Empire Magazine readers to reveal the ten best film directors of all time. The final list, as a result of the poll, is as follows:

1. Steven Spielberg
2. Alfred Hitchcock
3. Martin Scorsese
4. Stanley Kubrick
5. Sir Ridley Scott
6. Akira Kurosawa
7. Peter Jackson
8. Quentin Tarantino
9. Orson Welles
10. Woody Allen

Interesting results. By the way, no. 6 is Japanese and I haven't heard of him either. I am relieved that Kubrick made it to the top ten. He should have been number 1, but anyway... Also fantastic that Woody Allen is there. I'm going to see his new film, Melinda & Melinda on Saturday night. And I look forward to Match Point too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home