anthony js

Monday, October 30, 2006

Courtesy of VTAY's tag...

1-Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?

I went through a period in late 2005 and early 2006 when I was pretty pleased with the contents. And the readership was at its highest level also (perhaps as a result of the topical posting). Of late, I have disappointed myself (and others?) with somewhat lazy posting (i.e. posting YouTube videos). This might, of course, have something to do with the fact that my internet access is limited nowadays.


2-Does your family know about your blog?

No, they do not.

3-Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?

Only four of my friends are aware of this blog's existence. Interestingly enough, all four are school friends. So, in that sense, I suppose I do consider it a private thing - there are a heck of a lot of people who I could have told, but have chosen not to. I guess I like the idea of only fellow bloggers visiting.

4-Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? Or do you try to discover new blogs?

With the limited internet access of late, I've become just a little bit lazy in this department as well. Lately, I've been visiting commenters' blogs and find I have a lot of catching up to do (Sarah's VTAY being the best example). Traditionally, however, yes - I do keep up to date with the blogs of my dear readers.

I try to discover new blogs when there is an issue out there that greatly interests me, and I suspect that other bloggers will be addressing the issue on their sites. Additionally, I'll try to track people down who have similar interests (by clicking on the profile links).


5-Did your blog positively affect (sic) your mind? Give an example.

Like Sarah, I don't quite understand this question.


6-What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter?

I do not use a traffic counter.

I would like to think that I have a decent number of people who visit. I understand that the number of comments does not necessarily indicate the level of readership. But, unfortunately, I suspect that there is very little traffic flowing through at the end of the day.



7-Did you imagine how other bloggers look like?

Does this mean, do I daydream about what other bloggers look like? Or does it mean, when I finally saw a photo of them, did they turn out to be what I'd pictured in my mind...?

Well, I know what my regular commenters look like, and always have since they first began visiting. There are a couple of bloggers of whom I know that I am not familar with the appearance of. Alright, this answer's becoming as confusing as the question now...

8-Do you think blogging has any real benefit?

Well, if used correctly, it can be an outlet. And any activity that allows for views and ideas to be thrown around has got to be good.

9-Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?

No. It's got everything to do with the real world. In most cases.

10-Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?

A few blogs scare me I suppose. This is normally due to the beliefs being expressed by the blogger. But there aren't very many of these that I encounter. I avoid the inflammatory right-wing blogs. There's enough inflammatory right-wingness on the news every night. But the inflammatory left-wing blogs don't bother me :)

Generally, I think political blogs are a good thing. Most blogs that I visit will, at the very least, touch on politics from time to time.

11-Do you think that criticising your blog is useful?

My own criticism, yes. But I'll never be entirely happy with it.

Criticism from others? I can't say I've received very much (if any at all, to be honest). Those that visit will usually be supportive of the views expressed. John and George don't visit very regularly.

But I will say that constructive criticism is always useful.

12-Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog in case you died?

Ghoulish... No, I haven't. There is no real need for me to think about that.

13-Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?

Before I started? I didn't really read any. I knew that they existed, and I knew that a few notable people were using them. But it was a friend of mine who started one that gave me the idea of starting my own.

14-Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?

I really can't give a simple answer to that one. There are some parallels between me and all of my fellow bloggers. Most of the similarities are political, of course. There are different interests I have that I share with different bloggers. Yeah, there's no one specific blogger that I could say is the most similar to me.

15-Name a song you want to listen to.

A song I want to listen to right now? Oh, how about "Ruby Tuesday" by The Rolling Stones...

_____________________________________________________


Lisa of Desert Pea recently celebrated one year of bloggage. So, it's over to you Lisa!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home